Thursday, November 17th, 2016
Technical Officer (UK Aid Direct fund)
The MannionDaniels Group works for a more healthy, equitable, inclusive, safe and sustainable world. With companies in the UK, Kenya and Nigeria, we provide advice and support in policy, strategic planning, governance and programme management, with a particular focus on international health and social care. The company is developing as a recognized international development consultancy in public health and health systems in developing, fragile and emerging states.
As part of our expansion, we are looking to strengthen our technical fund management team by recruiting a Technical Officer with experience in public health and programme management. The Technical Officer will be responsible for supporting the technical development of the UK Aid Direct fund and supporting the development of the learning, monitoring and evaluation work.
Key candidate attributes:
This is an exciting time to join MannionDaniels – we are a growing and dynamic company with a diverse portfolio of projects, donors and staff.
The ideal Technical Officer candidate will:
- Be qualified to a Master’s degree in International Development, Policy and Planning, M&E or a related field, and with strong experience of working in sub-Saharan Africa and/or South Asia
- Have a good understanding of DFID ways of working including Theory of Change, logframes, Annual Reviews, Project Completion Reports, workplans, as well as SMART rules and general processes
- Have experience of working with CSOs and grant management
- Show proven ability to manage and build excellent relations and collaboration with technical partners and donors
- Be well organised, capable of managing inputs and producing high quality outputs under time-pressure
- Be respectful of, enthused by, and experienced in working closely with staff and stakeholders from the South
- Good team player
Technical delivery UK Aid Direct:
- Provide support to the UK Aid Direct team, in particular working closely with the technical lead on areas of technical relevance, in particular on: quality assuring the annual review and project completion reports and process, logframe reviews, identifying areas for common learning both within and external to the fund, monitoring and evaluating the progress of individual grant holders as per their commitments, strengthening the M&E strategy of the fund and developing strategies to collect and analyse fund logframe data, and strengthen the results framework and communicate results
- Liaise with Performance and Risk Managers and technical partners on support to grant holders and resources to support common learning
- Draft ToRs and brief/debrief in-country strategic advisers as required
- Coordinate with the communications team on developing materials from grant holders for promotion to DFID and for use on the website
- Coordinate with the technical lead and the communications team on developing themes and approaches for dialogue and follow up with grantees, including webinars, reference group and Facebook discussions
- Learning, monitoring and evaluation
- Collaborate with Performance and Risk Managers to identify topic areas for Reference Group meetings and webinars based on feedback from grant holders and technical partners
- Support the Learning Unit within MannionDaniels, by working closely with other team members to develop and maintain a public platform for collecting, sharing, collaborating and disseminating collective knowledge and learning
- Develop learning products, working with others in the Learning Unit, around MannionDaniels’ work, with a focus on the work of UK Aid Direct
This is a UK based position based in our Bath offices working as part of the UK Aid Direct team. Regular travel to London and occasional overseas travel will be required.
Reporting and organisation:
This position will report to Karen Stephenson, Technical Lead of UK Aid Direct Fund.
Salary and package:
Basic Salary: £28,000-£36,000
Full time Basis: 37.5 hours per week
Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays
Other benefits: employer pension scheme, company life cover, comprehensive travel insurance
Closing Date: Friday 2nd December 2016
Interviews will be held on 14th December at our Bath Offices.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.
Click here to download a PDF of the job description.