Vacancy at MannionDaniels – Grant Portfolio Officer, AmplifyChange (paternity leave cover – 10 weeks)
Friday, August 19th, 2016
Terms of Reference – Grant Portfolio Officer (paternity cover – 10 weeks), AmplifyChange
MannionDaniels is a specialist provider of professional services in health and social care to public and private sector clients. The Company is developing as a recognized international development consultancy in public health and health systems in developing, fragile and emerging states.
We are looking for an experienced sexual and reproductive health professional to provide 10 weeks of extended paternity leave cover, between mid-September and mid-November, for the AmplifyChange project. Extension may be considered based on funding, need and performance. AmplifyChange is a multi-donor fund to support civil society for sexual and reproductive health and rights (www.amplifychange.org).
The Grant Portfolio Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the grant management process, providing technical and financial oversight for a portfolio of SRHR advocacy grants, coordinating the technical assistance for grantees and providing oversight of on-going monitoring and evaluation of grantees. The position will report to the Technical Lead and will work closely with other Grant Portfolio Officers, the Grants Officer and Fiduciary Risk Manager.
The position will be based in Bath, UK (remote options may be considered for the right candidate).
- 3-6 years’ experience in international development, public health, human rights or social policy.
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant subject or equivalent.
- A self-starter, able to work under pressure and prioritise work-load.
- Organised and capable of managing inputs as needed to oversee a large portfolio of grants to civil society on SRHR. This will include working to time-pressures of grant cycles, and nurturing a network of Strategic Advisors and other consultants to distribute tasks and responsibilities where appropriate.
- Knowledge of advocacy and effective programming in SRHR
- Respectful and experienced with working with civil society groups in sub-Saharan Africa and/or South Asia, especially those in hard-to-reach areas.
- A strong team player; active participation in regular AmplifyChange meetings and close liaison with other Grant Support Team members from consortium partners are both key parts of this role.
- Fluent in English and French.
- UK-based, although flexibility in location may be considered depending on the suitability of the candidate.
Specifically, the Grant Portfolio Officer will:
Manage a portfolio of grants working on a range of SRHR themes:
- Establish grant agreements with up to 20 new AmplifyChange grantees, including defining monitoring framework, work plan and budget
- Ensure that the portfolio of existing grants is being managed with adequate support in technical assistance to ensure successful implementation and grantees who develop and grow in capacity.
- Maintain a grants tracker with up-to-date information on the status of the portfolio managed.
- Liaise with and coordinate inputs from Strategic Advisors and other consultants who could provide technical assistance.
- Identify and contribute to lesson learning and knowledge sharing among grantees and support external communications of AmplifyChange supported grants in close consultation with other member of the core team, such as the Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor and Communications Coordinator.
Mainstream quality throughout Grant Support:
- Contribute to the development and review of a Grant Support Manual in consultation with other relevant programme staff that will draw from existing best practice in grant management
- Work in conjunction with the Core Team, partner Grant Support Teams and Strategic Advisors to continually strengthen the quality of reviews
- Ongoing support to political and situation analysis of SRHR in AmplifyChange target countries
Reporting and Organization
This is a UK-based position.
The Grant Portfolio Officer will report to the Technical Lead.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 4th September 2016.