Wednesday, October 12th, 2016
Job description: Project Officer
The MannionDaniels Group works for a more healthy, equitable, inclusive, safe and sustainable world. With companies in the UK, Kenya and Nigeria, we provide advice and support in policy, strategic planning, governance and programme management, with a particular focus on international health and social care. The Company is developing as a recognized international development consultancy in public health and health systems in developing, fragile and emerging states.
As part of our expansion, we are looking to strengthen our International Programmes Unit by recruiting an experienced and full time Project Officer. The Project Officer will provide operational support for the delivery of managing a portfolio of global short term projects across Africa and Asia. The Project Officer will work in close collaboration with the IPU team providing support on the recently awarded DFID funded Health, Nutrition and Education Framework where MannionDaniels is a consortium partner for the health portfolio. The Project Officer will also provide significant support to the growing Public Financial (PFM) Management division.
The role is for an experienced Project Officer with the potential to grow into a Project Manager position.
Key candidate attributes:
This is an exciting time to join MannionDaniels – we are a growing and dynamic company with an exciting and diverse portfolio of projects, donors and staff. We have increasing recognition in the field and strong potential for growth.
The ideal Project Officer candidate will provide operational support to IPU and PFM division by:
- Responding quickly and professionally to enquiries and requests from clients, partners and consultants
- Leading in coordinating response to framework call downs including sourcing suitable consultants, negotiating fee rates, reviewing and editing CVs
- Supporting on business development activities including technical and financial proposal development, specifically supporting work plan and budget development
- Preparing logistics, duty of care procedures and administration tasks
- Working closely with project teams to ensure accurate scheduling of activities and allocation of resources;
- Monitoring and managing budgets in collaboration with Head of IPU;
- Managing MannionDaniels’ contract tracking systems;
- Collecting and processing invoices related to consultants
- Implementing work plans, tracking keys dates and coordinating logistics for project teams;
- Ensuring MannionDaniels procedures are correctly implemented and documented
- Implementing procurement systems, including contracting procedure and the development of terms of reference for consultants and sub-contractors
- Overseeing progress against contractual performance indicators;
- Working in close collaboration with the Head of Finance and Head of IPU on invoice approval and payments process;
- Contributing to the growth of the organisation’s consultant database and network of partner organisations, both regionally and internationally.
- 3+ years’ experience in international development or related field
- Experience in programme and financial management
- Organised and efficient in approach to work
- Good team working and communications skills
- Ability to work to under-pressure, to tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of working on DFID Frameworks desirable
- Previous experience and knowledge of PFM desirable
This position is based in our offices in Bath in the UK.
Salary and package
Basic Salary range: £24,000 – £28,000 (depending on experience)
Holiday: 25 days per annum
Pension: Employer contribution
Life Insurance: Company Life Insurance scheme
Travel Insurance: Comprehensive travel insurance provided
Location: Bath, UK
Please send CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please use the subject line – IPU Project Officer
Friday, 4th November 2016
Click here to download a PDF of the job description.