Thursday, March 30th, 2017
Management Accountant- AmplifyChange
Date posted: 30th March 2017
Closing date for applications: 21st April 2017
The MannionDaniels Group works for a more healthy, equitable, inclusive, safe and sustainable world. With companies in the UK, Kenya and Nigeria, we provide advice and support in policy, strategic planning, governance and programme management, with a particular focus on international health and social care. The company is developing as a recognized international development consultancy in public health and health systems in developing, fragile and emerging states (see www.manniondaniels.com).
MannionDaniels has a portfolio of international development programmes as well as fund management responsibilities. We are Fund Manager for UK Aid Direct – The Department for International Development’s (DFID) central funding mechanism for awarding grants to small and medium sized UK and international civil society organisations working to reduce poverty overseas and achieve the Global Development Goals. We also manage the AmplifyChange fund; a multi-donor fund supporting advocacy in Sexual, Reproductive Health and Rights across Africa and South Asia.
As part of our expansion, we are looking to strengthen our finance team by recruiting a management accountant with specific responsibility for the AmplifyChange fund. The position is key to undertaking management accounting tasks and providing financial management reports for Amplify Change, our multi Donor / Client Grants Fund, focusing on Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) predominantly across sub Saharan Africa and South Asia
The post holder will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager and work closely with the corporate Finance Team, and also with key management stakeholders across AmplifyChange inclusive of its international Donor/Clients and Grantees. Ideally, candidates will have experience of working in various currencies with good knowledge of foreign exchange. Strong communication and presentation skills are also highly desirable.
Management & Financial Accounting Tasks – Preparation of Management & Financial Accounts
- Revenue recognition (to include where applicable preparation of revenue bills and work in progress)
- Cost recognition
- apportionment of staff labour costs
- accruals and prepayments
- Review of nominal ledger postings for errors
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Reconciliation of project ledger activity to nominal ledger direct costs
- Reconciliation of subsidiary inter-company accounts
- Posting of all journals relative to the above
- Responding to queries from Finance Officers in relation to transactional postings
Budget Development & Preparation – Assistance in development of:
- Financial modelling for grants funding rounds and overall donor / client funding
- Management Fee and Grant commitment, disbursement and spend budgeting, including rolling budgets
- Pricing & budget proposals for clients / donors’ contracts bids and existing contracts amendments
- Overall Amplify change entity budgeting profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow
Management Accounting Reporting – Preparation and or assistance of:
- Management & Financial Accounts including variance analysis, and reporting in foreign currencies
- Management and Financial Accounts using allocation and absorption methods to report on pooled and donors / clients share
- Financial management and information reports to clients & donors on a regular basis both formal and ad hoc
- Design and formatting of reports templates
- Providing commentary and direct assistance to stakeholders in interpretation of financial management reports
- Qualified Accountant or qualified by experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in accounting and finance, preferably in a consultancy and or professional services environment
- Considerable experience of preparing and presenting periodic management accounts to deadlines using foreign exchange in various currencies
- Ability to work autonomously and problem solve using initiative
- Essential IT skills inclusive of MS Office and desired MS Projects (or similar) & Sage Accounting Software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with people from multi-cultural backgrounds
- Interest in international public health and international development
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with diverse teams.
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience of using own initiative, with a proactive and problem solving attitude.
- Advantageous experience in accounting for Grants and particular focus on pooled funds and using allocation and absorption methods
- Advantageous experience in financial processing and reporting in the context of foreign companies, finance operations inclusive of contracts / projects being delivered outside the UK
REPORTING AND ORGANISATION
This is a UK based position reporting to the Finance Manager and is based in Bath. Occasional national and international travel may be required. This is a full-time position and requests for flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Salary and package
Basic salary range: £40,000 – £45,000
Holiday: 25 days per annum + public holidays
Pension: 6% employer contribution
Life insurance: Company life insurance scheme
Benefits: Access to childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, health care plan and a staff discount scheme
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com by close of
business on the closing date above. Please use the job title in the subject line.
To view this job description as a PDF please click here.