Friday, January 13th, 2017
Date posted: 12th January 2016
Closing date for applications: 3rd February 2016
MannionDaniels is a specialist provider of professional services in health and social care to public and private sector clients. The Company is recognised for delivering high quality and innovative international development consultancy in public health and health systems in developing, fragile and emerging states.
As part of our expansion, we are looking to strengthen our management team by recruiting a Compliance Manager. The Compliance Manager will have responsibility for the day-to-day oversight and management of quality systems, contract compliance and management of business processes. The Compliance Manager is a Bath (UK) based position that will work in close collaboration with the Senior Management team and delivery teams.
- Monitor and manage refinements and improvements to our business processes aimed at streamlining activities and driving up performance and quality
- Review contract compliance across the portfolio, ensuring contract conditions are being tracked and met
- Analyse and interpret the stipulated terms and conditions/articles of client contracts and/or guidelines and act as a point of reference for queries on major client contracts and contractual procedures
- Establish a quality management system based existing business process to meet the 2015 ISO 9001 standard – including the integration of current 14001 certifications, and lead on the process of ISO 9001 certification
- Act as main point of contact within MannionDaniels for information and issue resolution for all operational quality and contract compliance related issues
- Ensure MannionDaniels is up to date with latest requirements for contract compliance and quality standards as directed by our donors and fund management frameworks
- Provide tailored training, support and advice to internal and external teams on quality assurance and compliance best practice
- Identify and implement improvements with management of project documentation on the company’s internal platforms
- Act as a central resource and expert on standard contracts and MOUs, etc. for both bidding and project management purposes.
- Ensure subcontracts and consultancy agreements with third party suppliers meet the stipulated terms and conditions of each client contract and ensure contractual compliance throughout implementation of the assignment
- Provide support on commercial proposals, ensuring all specialised advice is incorporated including relevant taxes, in-country annual inflation, exchange rates, contingencies and non-recoverable costs
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and compliance
- Work with senior managers on MannionDaniels contract compliance and consistency to share best practice and learning across the portfolio of funds and programmes
These roles and responsibilities reflect the anticipated profile of the role now. It is expected that the successful candidate will carry out any other additional tasks commensurate with the role, as identified by your line manager
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of setting up and managing contract compliance and quality systems and processes
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a related field
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of implementing ISO 9001 standards
- Demonstrable experience of developing a culture of continuous improvement
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and online management systems
- Experience formulating risk registers and implementing logistical and operational procedures
- Experience of creating, implementing, auditing and analysing standard operating procedures
- Experience of using systems and processes including database management
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with diverse teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of using own initiative, with a proactive and problem solving attitude
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent understanding of grant funding cycles and systems
- Experience of working in an international development setting or on projects in developing countries
- Experience with financial and project management tools
Reporting and organisation
This is a UK based position reporting to the UK Operations Director with occasional travel agreed in advance. This is a full-time position.
Salary and package
Basic salary range: £35,000 – £45,000
Holiday: 25 days per annum
Pension: Employer contribution
Life insurance: Company life insurance scheme
Travel insurance: Comprehensive travel insurance provided
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm GMT on 3rd February 2016.
Please use subject line – Compliance Manager.
Click here to download a PDF of the job description.